On a tour of the County Recycling Center, I learned more about the recycling process and new totes — one for cardboard and another for glasses and cans — that every county resident is scheduled to receive.
According to the EPA, recycling:
• Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
• Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals
• Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
• Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
• Saves energy
• Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources
• Helps create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States
Recycling more effectively is incredibly important, and reducing our waste is critical to improving our environmental sustainability.